Very special guest teacher, Rocky Pardo, leads this four-week workshop where you'll learn some basic techniques for making jewelry. You will get familiar with the materials while learning the vocabulary and skills, and you'll take home your own 2" wide copper cuff bracelet!
Students will learn cutting, drilling, filing, and hammering on days one and two – forming and coloring metal on days three and four.
Tools that you will learn to use:
- Jewelers Saw
- Steel Block
- Bench Block and/or Pin
- Bench Flex Shaft
- Bracelet Mandrel (oval or round)
- Jewelry Assorted Files
- Rawhide Mallet (for forming without marring)
- Ball Peen Hammer or Chasing Hammer (round end for round hammer marks)
- Cross Peen or Larger Riveting Hammer (large knife edge side for making lined hammer marks)
- Regular Hammer
- Interchangeable Texture Hammer
- Assorted Stamps
This four-week course meets from 6:00pm to 8:00pm, every Friday, from August 10th through August 31st.
Cost: $90 per student
The cost of this class includes studio time, access to all the equipment and tools in our studio, plus in-depth instruction, as well as the cost of materials and other necessities.
You can register for this class by following this link to our class registration page.