"This project is BOR-ING!" : Projects that excite and motivate
(K-5/5-8/9-12) (2 hours) This workshop helps you to create and incorporate new and exciting project ideas!
A few of the projects/assignment ideas we will be discussing:
- Fan Fiction
- Themed Journals (Handmade book)
Incorporating illustration when you are not an artist (or art teacher!)
(K-5/5-8/9-12) (2 hours) How can you jazz up those boring old writing assignments? Include another artistic element! Illustration does not have to be difficult or complex to help further enrich a story line and YOU don't have be an art teacher to help them!
A few of the things we will cover:
- How images and artwork can enrich a text
- Using recycled items to create a textured "illustration" (Magazines, books, scraps, yarn, matchboxes, etc.)
- Using natural items to illustrate (leaves, twigs, flowers, stones, etc.)
- Simple drawing/painting/watercolor
- Step-by step instruction sheets
- Stick Figures! Not just for your car window anymore!
- Needle and Thread!
- Using Pinterest and other online tools to inspire and create illustrations
Teachers working for a school in the Regional Office of Education, District #40 can register with the ROE and they will cover your class fees and award you Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs) for taking this class. After filling out our registration using the form below, you will need to also register with ROE by following this link to their calendar of events and finding this workshop on their schedule.
Registration with ROE must be confirmed before beginning this workshop.
Free to educators in ROE40 (see above)
$40 for members of the public
This class is designed as professional development for educators who want to bring these concepts back to their students, but non-educators who have an interest in the subject matter are welcome to attend. The cost of this class to members the public includes four hours of studio time with basic instruction, as well as any materials needed.
You can pre-pay for this class by clicking 'purchase' below and then filling out the required information in the popup window.