"This project is BOR-ING!" : Projects that excite and motivate
(K-5/5-8/9-12) (2 hours) This workshop helps you to create and incorporate new and exciting project ideas!
A few of the projects/assignment ideas we will be discussing:
- Fan Fiction
- Themed Journals (Handmade book)
Incorporating illustration when you are not an artist (or art teacher!)
(K-5/5-8/9-12) (2 hours) How can you jazz up those boring old writing assignments? Include another artistic element! Illustration does not have to be difficult or complex to help further enrich a story line and YOU don't have be an art teacher to help them!
A few of the things we will cover:
- How images and artwork can enrich a text
- Using recycled items to create a textured "illustration" (Magazines, books, scraps, yarn, matchboxes, etc.)
- Using natural items to illustrate (leaves, twigs, flowers, stones, etc.)
- Simple drawing/painting/watercolor
- Step-by step instruction sheets
- Stick Figures! Not just for your car window anymore!
- Needle and Thread!
- Using Pinterest and other online tools to inspire and create illustrations
Free to educators in ROE40 (see below)
$40 for members of the public
The cost of this class includes four hours of studio time with basic instruction, as well as any materials needed.
You can pre-pay for this class by clicking 'purchase' below and then filling out the required information in the popup window.
If you would rather pay at the time of the class, just fill out the form below and click ‘submit’. You can then pay via cash, check, or credit/debit card any time before class begins.
Teachers working for a school in the Regional Office of Education, District #40 can register with the ROE and they will cover your class fees and award you Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs) for taking this class. After filling our The MAC's class registration and indicating that you are a teacher in ROE40, you will need to also register with ROE by following this link to their calendar of events.