We accept volunteers regardless of ability or skill level, and can always use help with one thing or another.
Below, we have listed a few of the many specific projects that we would like to get done, but there are plenty of other day-to-day tasks in the office and the shop. If you have a specific skill, or you just want to help, contact us using the form below and we'll find something for you to do!
Here are just a few of the projects we need help with right now:
- general housekeeping tasks, like sweeping the shop floor, cleaning windows, etc.
- scrub the concrete floors in the shop
- paint plywood around the shop, including one panel on the ceiling of the drawing/painting studio
- strip old paint off of windows and clean windows
- organizing donated items into their proper storage areas
- stapling canvas onto pieces of wood to make ware boards
Some projects require a bit more skill than others:
- construct shelves in the studios/kiln room/shop
- construct tables/chairs/stools for the shop
- fix and reupholster old chairs from the dealership waiting room
Some outside projects are best left for nice weather:
- tuckpointing exterior bricks at the rear of the building
- clean up and do some landscaping in the back alley and parking lot
- re-glaze exterior windows and fix security bars
- fix some sagging bricks/arches in the southeast corner of the building